The Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010 (HHFKA) requires a minimum amount of annual training hours for all state directors of school nutrition programs, state director of distributing agencies, school nutrition program directors, managers, and staff. The School Nutrition Association (SNA) has created a wealth of resources to help members meet these annual training requirements.
I enjoy professional standards training related to operations.
SNA’s Training Zone is the BEST resource for professional standards hours.
If you learn to do 1 new idea, it is worth your time!
The webinars on SNA’s Training Zone keep our SDOW staff current and up to date on the latest professional development!
I love using the SNA Webinars On-Demand because I can learn on my own time and at my own pace.
Earning CEU’s and learning while you do it makes a stronger team!
The only thing constant in life & school nutrition is change, so we need to keep on learning!
Links to Pre-Approved Professional Standards Providers (training code provided)
Links to Other Professional Standards Providers (training code not provided)
Links to Paid Professional Standards Providers
Links to Professional Standards Providers for Registered Dietitians
Other Ways to Earn Professional Standards Hours
- Take a Food Handler’s Course or Serve Safe/Manager’s Course at your Local Health Department
- Some Manufacturers, Industry Reps, and even Distributors offer professional standards hours
- Training for additional certification, such as the SNA Certification program and the School Nutrition Specialist program, can count toward your hours
- Most meetings, workshops, and conferences count toward your hours
- On the job training (for both the trainer and the trainee) counts toward your hours! This can include training from your School District and your Foodservice Department.
Remember that food shows can count for up to 2 hours of your annual requirements!
To report a problem with a link above, suggest an additional link, or add your picture and quote, please email email@example.com.